M.S. Information Studies | The University of Texas at Austin | August 2019 – May 2021
- Portfolio in Museum Studies
- Emphasis in Archival Enterprise and Digital Humanities
- GPA: 3.9
- Course Work
B.A. Anthropology | The University of Texas at Austin | August 2016 – May 2019
- College Honors
- Certificate in Museum Studies
- Minor in History
- GPA: 3.8
- Course Work
Curatorial Assistant | Texas Historical Commission | January 2021 – Present
- Develops lab curation processes stemmed from the Collections Management Policy for all archaeological collections.
- Researches and implements inclusive design into lab procedures.
- Collaborates with regional facilities on best practices.
Media Coordinator & Copyeditor | Fontaine Archive | November 2020 – Present
- Leading the promotion and marketing of the Fontaine Archive and book launch via social media, website, and email platforms.
- Assists in creation and management of all events for book launch.
- Copyeditor for all social media content.
Media Intern | Archivist of Central Texas | September 2020 – December 2020
- Assist steering committee in the promotion and outreach of the Bazaar through social media platforms.
- Compiles audience participation and engagement of online event.
- Evaluates strengths and weaknesses of online and digital format of the event, including effectiveness of promotion and outreach.
Archaeological Field Technician | Pape-Dawson Engineers | June 2019 – June 2020
- Conducted archaeological investigations including field survey, monitoring, data recovery, curation and report writing.
- Generated archaeological background studies and maps through ArcGIS.
- Assisted in entire permit completion of archaeological investigations from proposals, background review, fieldwork, artifact analysis, curation and report distribution.
Exhibits Intern | The Bullock Texas State History Museum | January 2019 – May 2019
- Conducted primary research of Texas artifact databases, repositories, and museums to foster potential institution relationships and future loans to the Bullock Museum.
- Assisted in curating three exhibit displays of Texas History, including object content, design, and writing text labels.
- Incorporated social justice issues pertaining to specific histories and access into archive research and current and future exhibit displays.
Archaeological Archival Assistant | Texas Archeological Research Laboratory | May 2018 – December 2018
- Digitized and cataloged 1930’s archives from WPA Highland Lakes excavations to produce an accessible and modern database for scholarly research.
- Rehabbed and updated archival records to protect from decay.
- Presented work and findings at the Texas Archeological Society Annual Meeting in the form of a research poster.
Collections Intern | Texas Archeological Research Laboratory | January – May 2018
- Digitized previously deaccessioned archival records and artifacts into a modern catalog and rehabbed outdated artifact holdings.
- Conducted light primary research on the ethics and practice of deaccessioning cultural artifacts involving public access and artifact integrity.
- Produced a research poster and presented my work and findings at the UT Bridging Disciplines Program Poster Session.
Assistant Editor | University of Texas Mesoamerican Center | January 2018 – April 2018
- Edited artifact metadata into museum label format to accompany future exhibit displays of Mesoamerican artifacts.
Student Conservator | Landmarks Preservation Guild | September 2020 – Present
- Produces condition reports bi-monthly on outdoor art installations.
- Conducts light conservation on art installations (steel and concrete).
- Attends professional development webinars in the field of conservation as it pertains to art, historical architecture and cultural materials.
Student Archivist | Austin History Center | September 2019 – December 2019
- Processed 2.75 linear feet of the William R. Hamby family papers.
- Produced an Appraisal Report and Processing Plan and Encoded Archival Description (EAD) Finding Aid using XML and DACS.
Vice President | Texas Lonestars Service Organization | September 2016 – May 2019
- Managed organization’s membership in implementing volunteership at the University and City of Austin, including working with the Boys and Girls Club, Inside Books, The Settlement Home, and Project Princess.
Digital Humanities Working Group | October 2020 – Present
Society of American Archivist UT Chapter | January 2020 – Present | Event Coordinator
Society of Southwest Archivists | January 2020 – Present
Society of American Archivists | September 2019 – Present
Council of Texas Archeologists | January 2017 – Present
Texas Archeological Society | January 2017 – Present
David B Gracy II Student Scholarship | August 2020
UT Austin Graduate Special Scholarship | August 2020
Houston Endowment Graduate Fellowship | August 2020, 2019
Rotary International Scholarship | August 2016
SACU Bridge for U Scholarship | August 2016